Customers with disabilities must follow the procedures below to utilize disability
parking spaces during enforcement hours:
- Present a completed Parking Services disabled person's registration form and a copy
of the state issued placard or license tag registration to Parking Services. It
is the responsibility of the customer to maintain current disability registration
information with Parking Services. Permits issued based on expired registrations
will be deactivated.
- Purchase a current UGA parking permit with a disability validation. Registered customers
with disabilities must proceed through the standard permit allocation process. Customers
may park only within their assigned permit area. .
- If the assigned permit area does not meet the needs of the customer or multiple
access is necessary, a written appeal may be submitted outlining reasonable accommodation
needs to Parking Services and should address the following questions:
- Which lot(s) does the individual need access to?
- Why does the individual need access to these lot(s)?
- Why does the Campus Transit Disability Van not meet needs of the individual?
- If an appeal is granted, the customer must pay the highest cost of the access provided.
- The disability permit and the UGA parking permit with the assigned disability validation
sticker must be displayed during enforcement hours. In addition, the state issued
disability placard or license tag must be displayed. Placards should be placed behind
the permit with the expiration facing the windshield.
- A customer with disabilities may park in any disability parking space or standard
space within the assigned permit area.
- Parking in other reserved parking areas or fire lanes is prohibited. No one may
park in the disability van access zones located next to disabled parking spaces.