Parking registration will take place during the spring for permits valid the following fall.
*note* registering during the spring will increase your chances of being assigned a permit in a preferred lot
- Employees and Retirees who complete early registration will automatically receive an assignment for their current parking lot.
- Assignments will be issued using the priority system. A description of the priority system can be found here.
- Assignments can be claimed for up to one week after the issue date. To claim a permit, payment and/or acknowledgment of acceptance is required.
New employees may purchase a parking permit by submitting the New Employee Request for services form and completing online registration.
*note a UGA ID number is required to obtain a parking permit
- New employees should visit the Parking Services office to obtain a permit.
- If not eligible for payroll deductions, the permit must be purchased in full.
Retiree parking registration will take place during the spring for permits valid the following fall. All retiree permits are pro-rated at 1/2 price and must be purchased for the full year.
Requests for a lot change can be made by updating your waitlist. Waitlist assignments are made weekly throughout the academic year. Certain areas of campus have a higher waitlist priority than others. Please refer to the priority area map for more information on lot priority.
UGA employees may elect for their permit fee to be deducted monthly from their payroll or pay the permit fee in full at the time of purchase.
Leave Without pay
Personnel leaving campus for an extended period of time should make arrangements
to pay for the balance due on the permit to avoid cancellation or return the permit
to the Parking Services office to avoid being charged. Employees are advised that
if the permit is not continued for the duration of the year, the employee may not
be grandfathered into the lot during the following year’s registration.
Leaving the University
Personnel leaving the university may return permits to the Parking Services office for a credit of the unused months or to cancel future payroll deductions.
- Reserved spaces are available to Deans, University Cabinet, and above who wish to have exclusive access to a designated space during enforcement hours of 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday.
- The current cost is $60 per month (available on a 12-month basis only).
- Multi-access permits are available to faculty and staff who wish to be able to park in multiple lots on campus.
- These permits are issued on a limited basis as space allows.
- The current cost is $60 per month and is only available on a 12-month basis.
Ramsey passes provide 90 minutes of East Deck parking per day. Ramsey Passes are available to regular UGA Employees and UGA Dependents. The Ramsey pass must be paid in full at the time of purchase and is not eligible for a refund.