Parking Services will work with departments to develop solutions to accommodate their unique parking needs. Any situations that require consultation with Parking Services should be done in advance to allow for communication, planning and agreement among all parties.
State Vehicle Permits
- State Vehicle Gate (SVG) permits allow official University vehicles access to state vehicle spaces in all gated and non-gated lots.
- State Vehicles operators are subject to all parking rules and regulations.
- SVG’s are not permitted for use in personal vehicles.
- Use the State Vehicle Application form to order a State Vehicle permit.
- Departmental passes allow short-term parking for authorized personnel on official university business in a lot that is outside of their permit zone.
- The DP is not a stand-alone permit, and is only valid in conjunction with a standard UGA parking permit.
- The DP is not valid in the following:
- N04, N05, S25, E09, E20
- Tate Center Pay Lot
- Up to two permits per department may be purchased with a Departmental Permit Application Form using a departmental account number. A request for additional DP's may be submitted to Parking Services.
- Validation Passes allow departments to validate the parking of guests and visitors in one of the campus pay facilities. These passes may be purchased with the Validation Pass Order Form using a departmental account number. Please allow 24 hours for processing.
- Departments are responsible for properly informing guests/visitors where and how to use validation passes. Specifically, instruct visitors to take a time stamped ticket upon entrance and give the validation pass and ticket to the attendant when exiting.
- The validation pass is only valid in the following pay lots where attendants are available:
- Tate Center Deck
- S11 South Deck
- S15 Carlton Street Deck
- N06 North Deck
- E04 East Deck
- E20 Performing Arts Deck
Daily Permits are available for guests of departments in remote lots such as N01 Chicopee Complex, E13, E14, and E15 River's Crossing. Departments should arrange for daily parking well in advance to ensure space availability.